Just as people’s hair types differ, so do their hair grooming needs and the products they use for that purpose. While someone with a naturally wavy style of hair doesn’t need too much volumizing, someone with a thin, smooth hair type, might want to add a bit of volume for aesthetic reasons. Not only does a thick hair look better but it also appears somewhat healthier overall, especially if properly cared for.
Now, if you are naturally cursed with a disobedient hair, you might want to take steps towards fixing that problem with a variety of hair grooming products. Such is the case with hair volumizing shampoo, which is formulated to increase your hair’s volume in a seemingly natural and safe manner. With many such shampoos available, we thought it would be wise to take a look at the ten best volumizing shampoos the market has to offer.
Our Top Picks for the Best Hair Volumizing Shampoos
#1 Maple Holistics Hair Growth & Volume Biotin Shampoo
This hair growth and volumizing shampoo is uniquely formulated with alfalfa, green tea, and wheat protein to help nourish, strengthen and seal the hair for a voluminous, healthy shine. Ideal for those who have thin, limp hair, this shampoo works its magic and add body and fullness to the hair, leaving it light and beautiful. Made with high-quality natural ingredients, it can be utilized on a daily basis and is safe to use on any type of hair. Not just that but the all natural formula also boosts hair growth without interfering with the hair’s natural growing tendencies in any way.
#2 ORIBE Dry Texturizing Spray
The ORIBE Dry Texturizing Spray acts as a premium quality dry shampoo and comes with the amazing ability to absorb all traces of oil, leaving you with voluminous, shiny hair. This high-end shampoo sprays on without any hassle giving you a bouncy texture and volume that you can easily work with, allowing you to style your hair in any which way you like. Easy to use and compact in size, this spray bottle can be carried around in your handbag, ready to be used on the go.
#3 Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex Thickening Shampoo
Known for its high quality and superior performance, the Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex Thickening Shampoo helps to nourish and cleanse the hair, while adding volume and shine. Uniquely blended with organic, plant extracts, it is put together with an all-natural formula that contains organic botanicals and essential oils. Free from sulfates, phthalates, parabens, synthetic fragrances and colors, GMOs and harmful preservatives, this shampoo is 100% vegan. Ideal for thinning hair, it helps to strengthen hair strands, preventing and reducing split ends. Formulated with plant protein, vitamin E, biotin and saw palmetto, this premium grade hair care product is highly recommended by professional hair stylists and experts around the globe.
#4 Bumble and Bumble Thickening Shampoo
Loaded with premium quality ingredients, the Bumble and Bumble Shampoo is formulated with Aloe Vera gel, panthenol and wheat protein that instantly adds moisture, volume, and shines to your hair. Not only does this hair care product nourish the hair, but it also helps to reduce split ends and aids in smoothening out flyaways. Ideal for fine, thin and limp hair, this shampoo can also be used on hair that is freshly colored, ensuring it protects the hair and prevents the color from fading.
#5 Kenra Volumizing Shampoo
Kenra’s Volumizing Shampoo offers a long-lasting lift and adds both body and volume to the hair if used regularly. Thanks to its unique formula, it instantly thickens the hair from the root down to the tip, leaving you with voluptuous, shiny hair. Crafted with all-natural high-quality ingredients and essential oils, this shampoo and conditioner are designed to strengthen, nourish, moisturize and hydrate, while providing an antioxidant layer that protects the hair, ensuring your locks are taken care of on the inside and out.
#6 ORIBE Maximista Thickening Spray
The ORIBE Maximista Thickening Spray is a high-quality protective hair care product that builds volume and expands your hair to the fullest. Free from harmful agents like parabens, sulfates, and phosphates, this spray also protects the hair from the harmful UV rays of the sun. Unlike other hair care products, this one not only adds thickness and volume but also conditions the hair and provides a unique thermal protection. Ideal for all types of hair, it can also be utilized on colored hair.
#7 Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo
Uniquely designed for those who have flat, limp hair, the Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo is a great product for all kinds of hair types. Formulated with natural ingredients including white ginger and wild cherry bark, this shampoo not only adds volume and bounce to your hair but also nourishes, moisturizes and leaves it shiny and healthy. If you are looking for a stunning hairstyle, simply wash your hair and get that full, fresh, and voluptuous look you want.
#8 BIOLAGE Volumebloom Shampoo For Fine Hair
BIOLAGE Volumebloom Shampoo is a high-end hair care product that is inspired by the popular cotton flower. This shampoo instantly adds a bounce and shine to the hair leaving it healthy and voluminous. For those who have thin, limp hair and find it hard to style their locks, this shampoo will help plump up the hair adding body and fullness, making it easier to style. Enriched with a set of natural ingredients, this shampoo is free from parabens and is suitable for color-treated hair. Popularly utilized by hair stylists all across the globe, this shampoo is a great choice for thinning hair and boosts the growth of new hair.
#9 Hair Strengthening Argan Shampoo
Uniquely formulated to cater to all kinds of hair, the Hair Strengthening Argan Shampoo works great with curly, fine, thin, straight, coarse, thick and limp hair types. Thanks to the Natural Herbal Oils Complex Treatment Therapy, this shampoo not only adds volume to the hair but also nourishes and protects the scalp, thickens hair growth, restores antioxidants and vitamins and helps to condition the hair leaving it shiny and well-balanced. It also helps to decrease split ends and reduces hair loss and breakage while repairing and strengthening it to a healthier condition.
#10 RUSK Designer Collection Thicker Thickening Shampoo
Put together with a unique combination of surfactants nutrients, and PH adjusters, the RUSK Designer Collection Thicker Thickening Shampoo aims at softening the hair leaving it nourished and moisturized. Considered as one of the most popular brands in the world, this product is utilized by salons across the globe. Ideal for utilizing before you style your hair or even as a daily use shampoo, it not only nourishes the hair but adds that fullness and volume many people look for, leaving your hair healthy and thicker as a result.
What To Look For In A Volumizing Shampoo
People generally prefer to have a soft, shiny, voluminous hair, especially those whose hair is exactly the opposite. Given the wide range of products available that claim to have a solution for bland hair, it can be a bit hard to find out that would perform as expected. Generally speaking, shampoos are categorized and put into different hair care varieties like oily hair shampoos, dry hair shampoos, volumizing shampoos, and shampoos for color-treated hair. To ensure that you’re getting the quality you expect, you should take the time and find out as much as possible about what makes a good volumizing shampoo in the first place.
Benefits Of Using A Volumizing Shampoo
- Lightens Hair – Volumizing shampoos help to clean your hair and scalp, remove excess oil and dead cells and nourish the head. Apart from the above, it also helps to reduce and cleanse the hair from impurities and chemicals left back from hair products. When these harmful toxins are removed the hair becomes lighter and weightless – which in turn adds a certain bounce and fullness to the hair instantly.
- Thickens Hair – One of the primary benefits of using a Volumizing shampoo is its ability to thicken the hair. Thanks to its special ingredients that include biotin, keratin, and lavender etc, it adds volume and fullness to the hair, leaving it feeling good and looking more attractive. It is biotin that is tasked with increasing the hair’s thickness, so be on the lookout for Biotin-rich shampoos.
- Promotes Hair Growth – While reducing and preventing hair loss, Volumizing shampoos also help your hair grow faster. Owing to its all-natural organic ingredients including amino acids, this type of shampoo helps to build up and repair damaged hair while promoting quick growth. Believe it or not but hair growth is the main determining factor when it comes to volumizing any hairstyle.
- Strengthens Hair – Avoiding breakage and hair loss, Volumizing shampoos ensure your hair strands are stronger and do not tangle. Not only does it strengthen the roots but it also adds a special elasticity that keeps it from breaking. A strong hair can then be styled in almost any fashion, including thick, voluminous hairstyles.
Ingredients to Look For
While checking the label of the shampoo you are about to purchase, it may be difficult to understand the various ingredients and the effects they may have on your hair. While some ingredients do indeed increase your hair’s volume, they can also have a potentially hazardous effect on your hair long-term. That said, pay attention to all-natural shampoos even if they command a slightly bigger price tag.
- Biotin – This ingredient is also known as Vitamin H and helps to grow your hair making its roots stronger. Foods enriched with biotin include soybeans, egg yolks, mushrooms, and a variety of other vegetables.
- Keratin – This ingredient is an extremely important protein that is usually found in the hair nails and skin and protects them, ensuring they stay healthy. Some people might suffer from keratin deficiency and therefore, this product would help to repair their damaged hair and reduce breakage.
- Amino Acids – This ingredient includes Taurine, Cystine, Arginine, Lysine, Methionine, and Glutamine and helps promote hair growth. This set of ingredients not only adds volume but it also nourishes the hair, adding elasticity and strength. It also ensures your hair stays moisturized and never dull or brittle. Deficiency of such essential amino acids might lead to hair loss in the long run, which is definitely something you want to avoid.
- Lavender and Rosemary Oil – These two oils not only repair damaged hair but also work towards preventing hair loss and promoting the quick growth of hair. They are also utilized for adding a pleasant fragrance to the shampoo making it more appealing. These oils also prevent dandruff and dry skin and keep the scalp nourished, preventing and eliminating fungal infections.
- Type Of Hair – The primary factor that needs to be considered, before purchasing the right Volumizing shampoo is to know your hair type. With the varieties of shampoos available today, you want to pay close attention to what each particular shampoo does. In general, people who have oily hair, dry hair, or sensitive scalps, need to look extra hard for shampoos that incorporate those ingredients that might be beneficial for their specific problem.
- Ingredients – Depending on the type of skin you have, it is important to know the ingredients that are used to make the shampoo you choose. Many such shampoos are composed of natural ingredients while others come with chemicals which might cause allergic reactions if used regularly. Always know your ingredients and understand their advantages and disadvantages, especially when it comes to your hair and skin type. Always purchase a Volumizing shampoo that matches your type and aims to deal with the particular issues you may be facing.
- Price Tag – Some volumizing shampoos are a lot more expensive than others, and yet they do not produce effective results as compared to much cheaper versions. Keeping in mind your budget and the cost of an average shampoo, you should try your best not to compromise on the quality of the product itself. You may find a shampoo that is much more effective for a lesser price if you go looking, which is why you want to read as many reviews as possible and check consumer recommendations before you make your choice.