Bath bombs have been rising in popularity rather fast over these past few years and it is easy to see why. Not only o they serve as reasonable cosmetics in their own right but they also provide certain therapeutic benefits that other cosmetics simply do not. In principle, they are hard-pressed, concentrated fixings, designed to fizz as soon as they get wet, thus providing a colorful, aromatic experience as you bathe.
It has to be said that for the most part, bath bombs are made of dissolving soap blended with citric acid, baking soda, Epsom salts, and a few flavor-enhancing elements as well. As such, they are completely safe to use, just as long as you always employ the recommended amount. Let us then find out what are the ten best bath bombs the market has to offer right now and what characteristics to consider when buying some.
Our Top Picks for the Best Bath Bombs
#1 LifeAround2Angels Bath Bombs Gift Set
Known for its undeniable quality and a great set of ingredients, the LifeAround2Angels Bath Bombs Gift Set includes 12 handcrafted fizzy bath bombs that offer a soothing and relaxing bathing experience. Formulated to heal dry skin, these bath bombs moisturize and nourish the skin leaving them soft and healthy. Thanks to its special formula, it fizzes with color but washes away easily without leaving any stains or residue behind. Individually wrapped and available in different colors and scents, these bath bombs make the perfect gift for your loved ones and can be a great idea for a wedding or as a party favor.
#2 Oliver Rocket Bath Bombs
If you want to experience a relaxing and comforting bath with fizzy and soothing scents of the highest standard, then you might want to consider Oliver Rocket Bath Bombs. These bath bombs are of a truly premium quality, many thanks to the fact that they are made with the best possible ingredients including shea butter, kosher sea salt, baking soda, coconut oil, citric acid, natural colors, and sublime fragrances. These bath bombs also come in a set of 6 pieces, each weighing 4.5 lbs on average. Furthermore, they come in flavors like lavender, cool water, cucumber melon, black raspberry vanilla, moonlight rose, tangerine and grapefruit. Wrapped in individual packaging, these bath bombs aim at moisturizing and nourishing your body while keeping it healthy and fresh.
#3 Anjou Bath Bombs Vegan Natural Essential Oils
What makes these particular bath bombs stand out is their ingenious formula, one that incorporates natural and organic ingredients. Simply release the bath bomb into a tub of warm water and experience the soothing effects of its special essential oils. The thousands of bubbles that are released, soften and nourish the skin, thanks to its blend of sugar, salt, natural scents, and coconut oil. For best results, allow your body to soak in the pleasantly warm water and enjoy the benefits of a soothing and refreshing bathing experience.
#4 French Style Effervescent Ecstacy Bathbomb
The French Style Effervescent Ecstacy Bathbomb by Fleur D’ Extase is a set of 9 all natural bath bombs that are uniquely crafted with organic essential oils and ingredients. Thanks to its calming and fragrant formula, you can enjoy soothing and refreshing baths daily. Containing 9 different bath bombs weighing 2 ounces each, this set makes a unique gift for your loved ones. Free from harmful toxins and chemicals, it is 100% vegan and free from parabens, artificial dyes, ethyl, and Phenoxyethanol and is extremely safe to use.
#5 Hugo Naturals Fizzy Bath Bomb
Rich in minerals, the Hugo Naturals Fizzy Bath Bomb is a premium grade product that is free from sulfates, propylene glycol, parabens, PEGs, and phenoxyethanol. Safe for you and your family it does not contain any harmful ingredients like phthalates, synthetic colors or fragrances, silicones or synthetic surfactants. 100% all natural, vegan and free from gluten and soy, this bath bomb nourishes and moisturizes your body leaving your skin soft and well-conditioned. Including a combination of lavender and vanilla along with essential oils, it helps in enhancing overall comfort and skin health.
#6 Essential Oil Bombs Natural Bubble Bath Fizzies
Made with premium quality organic menthol and eucalyptus oil, these Fizzing Bath Bombs feature a refreshing, invigorating scent that lasts all day. Packed with organic elements and essential oils from plants including tea tree, jojoba, safflower, and sunflower, these tiny bath bombs contain 2 ounces of concentrated natural oils that would fill your shower with a fragrant zing. Thanks to their special formula, they completely dissolve and can be washed away with ease, without leaving any stains or residue behind.
#7 Schone Natural Essential Oils Bath Bombs
Available in a pack of 8, the Schone Natural (Essential Oils) Bath Bombs are premium quality and include a blend of vibrant colors, fragrances, and ingredients. Revive, soothe and relax, inspire, unwind and refocus your senses with the various combinations, including Inspire Currants & Sandalwood Awaken, Eucalyptus & Menthol Refocus, Oatmeal & Buttermilk Unwind, Rosemary Mint & Lavender, Nectarine & Ginger Soothe and Patchouli & Raspberry Revive. Thanks to their rich mineral contents, they help to ease any muscle strain, helps with the circulation of blood and are sure to moisturize the skin.
#8 Handmade Bubble Natural Bath Bombs
These Handmade Bubble Natural Bath Bombs offer a refreshing bathing treat, one that is designed to moisturize and nourish your body. Featuring 6 different varieties of colors and scents, these bath bombs are wrapped and labeled with an individual fragrance sticker. Made with high-quality vegan ingredients, these 100% all natural bath bombs offer optimum relaxation and helps to soothe your skin, leaving it soft and healthy. Weighing approximately 4.5 ounces each, these bath bombs make a great gift for parties or can be used as an exciting party favor.
#9 Village Naturals Bath Shoppe Bath Bomb
The Village Naturals Bath Shoppe Bath Bomb is a premium product that is designed to provide you with a complete spa experience. Drop one of these into a tub filled with warm water and allow it to release its amazing blend of moisturizing elements and organic essential oils along with its mild, calming sweet fragrance. Not only does it nourish the skin, but it also cleanses the body and leaves it healthy and conditioned. Available in a pack of three, these bath bombs each come in a different fragrance and color.
#10 Yumscents Love Spell Bath Bomb
Free from SLS and other harmful chemicals, the Yumscents Love Spell Bath Bomb features a unique formula including moisturizing and skin softening elements. Made with a mildly sweet fragrance, this bath bomb will leave you smelling fresh with every shower you take. Thanks to its premium fizzy formula and high-quality ingredients, this anti-residue bath bomb colors the water but ensures your tub is stain-free. Blended with cherry blossom, peach, apple, citrus and hydrangea, this bath bomb ensures a soothing and nourishing bathing experience.
Bath Bombs Buying Guide
While bath bombs have indeed many applications depending on the type of blend you go for, we should point out that they must meet some pretty common standards before everything else. Versatile by nature, they have to first and foremost be easy to use, meaning that they must dissolve in a relatively short period of time. Not just that but you also want your bath bombs to be easy to store and above all, not formulated in a way that they interact with whatever cosmetics you might store them with. To ensure that, you must first take the time to learn as much as possible about bath bombs and what characteristics one should look for when choosing a set.
What Are Bath Bombs?
Bath bombs are round balls that are made of dry elements tightly packed together. These balls fizz and bubble up when immersed in water and include sodium bicarbonate and citric acid. Including nourishing and skin softening agents like essential oils and plant extracts, these bath bombs are safe for your skin. The color of these tiny fizz bombs are released into the water and usually contain various insertions like flower petals, tiny toys, or glitter.
How to Use Bath Bombs?
Similar to a bubble bath or a bath salt, bath bombs are relatively easy to use. By simply dropping them into a tub full of water, the bath bomb would start to fizz and dissolve immediately releasing its moisturizing elements, scents, and color. Some bath bombs require a few minutes to dissolve while some dissolve instantly. Once dissolved, mix the water with your hands to ensure the color and add-on elements are evenly distributed throughout the bathtub.
Advantages Of Using Bath Bombs
- Bath bombs can accentuate your bathing experience by adding sweet smelling scents, vibrant colors, and add-ons including petals, glitter, and more.
- Made with all natural and organic elements, bath bombs are safe to use and help condition the skin.
- Bath Bombs help nourish and moisturize your skin while deodorizing it and leaving it feeling fresh for hours after using them.
- Most bath bombs are made with special essential oils that work towards adding moisture to the water, in turn hydrating your skin, softening it, and keeping it smooth and subtle.
- Some bath bombs are designed to treat and heal people with extra sensitive skin and are a great alternative for bubble baths. People with sensitive skin don’t get the chance to experience the relaxation and comfort of a bubble bath. But with the help of a bath bomb crafted to treat their skin issues, it is possible for them to enjoy the fun and fizz as well.
What To Consider
- Ingredients – A good quality bath bomb should be made of natural or organic ingredients and those that are free from harmful toxins and chemicals. Bath bombs that are free of such elements are safe to use for all skin types and do not cause skin rashes or discomfort. Vegan bath bombs are also a great option for people with sensitive skin. For those who suffer from skin issues and allergies, it is recommended that you look for a bath bomb designed specifically for your skin type, to ensure you do not enhance your skin problems.
- Scent – Another important factor to note while buying a bath bomb is the fragrance that comes with it. Some people might not like a strong scent and would prefer a mild subtle fragrance, while some might like it heavy. Some bath bombs come with fragrances that stay for longer while some wear off quickly. Bath bombs are available in various fragrances like floral scents, fruity scents and more. This solely depends on your personal preference for the most part so feel free to exercise a certain amount of creative freedom.
- Size – The size of a bath bomb depends on the size of your tub. A large tub would require a bath bomb that is larger than a normal sized one. You can also cut into a large bath bomb and use just half for your small sized tubs, but remember that this might affect how the bath bomb behaves when it gets in contact with the water; not to mention how much it might dilute its comprising formula.
- Packaging – It is always important to choose a bath bomb that is wrapped and packaged well. You see, most bath bombs come in sets of 3 or more and sometimes these gift sets do not wrap the bath bombs individually and this leads to them losing their fragrance and freshness over time. Before purchasing a set, it is essential to check the way in which they are packaged to ensure they last longer and maintain their quality.
- Color – Bath bombs come in various different colors and shades, some of which are dark and some that release a light shade. Most of these colors are used in its formula to act as a form of therapy to the skin. Some make your skin smooth like lavender-colored bath bombs, while some help to condition and energize the skin, like red bath bombs for example.
- Therapeutic Properties – Along with enjoying your bathing experience, some of you might want your bath to be rejuvenating and relaxing. This is where you need to choose a bath bomb that includes essential oils and salts. These type of bath bombs help in reducing your stress and anxiety if used on a regular basis, just as long as you remember to always deploy the correct dosage.
- Skin Care – Warm baths help in relaxing your skin, leaving it looking fresh and soft. When you add a bath bomb to it, it helps nourish and moisturize your skin too. Bath bombs that contain cocoa and shea butter, coconut oil, and almond oil, which render the skin soft and smooth, while the warmth of the water helps with the blood circulation and reduction of stress. This, of course, if you happen across a set of bath bombs packed with therapeutic ingredients.
- Expiry Date – It may seem rather intuitive but checking the date of expiry on your bath bomb is extremely important. Your skin may be a lot more sensitive than you think and you would not want to bring on any harm or cause for any discomfort and irritation. Most bath bombs come with a freshness expiration of 21 days or less. Always remember to utilize them before they expire to ensure you get the performance and quality your skin needs.